Welcome to the Kandy Garden Club !
The Kandy Garden Club was established in 1878 which counts over100 years of existence. It was started by the British for their exclusive use especially for planters to play tennis over the weekends. It continued to be so till about 1945, when a special class of Ceylonese were permitted to join the club. It was later by 1950, it was open to the Ceylonese. The first Ceylonese president was Col/S.D Ratwatte, who was elected in 1950 while Mr C. Wijenayake was elected as the Secretary. The original clubhouse was built in 1878 is still intact with a few renovations.